Monday, May 18, 2009

Shepherding your Childs Heart Part 3

Our goal as mothers is not that out children be happy,fulfilled, and successful. Even though these are things every mother wants for her children, our highest objective should be that our children would repent from their sins , put their trust in Jesus Christ and reflect the gospel to the world around them. We should constantly ask ourselves in all we do "How is this going to affect their heart?" We cannot do this in our own strength we must rely on the Holy Spirit to reveal the truth of the gospel to them. However, our tender love can be an instrument in Gods Hands. No one has more potential to influence our child's hearts to receive and reflect the gospel than we do.
What greater privilege could we possibly have in all the world than to lead our children to the Lord? Today if you feel you missed opportunities to read Gods word to your children or pray with them, and even felt as if you were unkind and impatient remember ,2 Cor 12:9 " My grace is sufficient for you,my power is made perfect in your weakness" God will help us in our weakness, we cannot handle the task of mothering in this way if we do not draw on His strength and wisdom daily. God will provide all the grace we need to shepherd these precious hearts He has placed in our care.

1 comment:

Florida Girl said...

I really needed to read this today and I appreciate that it is here to read. I am typing through my tears and cannot wait for later today when I can spend more time with my guys that are just not little anymore. Isn't it funny that as moms it seems that our kids will be small and running under our feet always and then one day you stop to realize that they are almost grown. I know this realization is a normal experience and I have heard many of my dearest friends say the same. I am glad for sites like yours that are great reminders that in our busy lives--we need to make the main thing the main thing and set aside anything that makes us so busy that we cannot focus on the Lord, our husbands and our children.

Stacy,
I just wanted to tell you how blessed I feel that God has given you a ministry like this. It is amazing to me that He lays topics on your heart that line up with many situations that I am experiencing and your posts combined with God's words are making a difference in my day to day thoughts and actions. Thank you again.
Love you,
Pam