Monday, May 11, 2009

Shepherding a Childs Heart Part 1

I don't know about you but I love being a Mom! How rewarding it is when you tuck your child in and he or she says "Mommy you are the best Mommy in the world" "Thank you for all you do mom" If you haven't heard those words yet they will come. One of our most important jobs is to Shepherd our child's heart. Instilling Gods word in a childs heart whenever you get a chance.
On of my favorite videos (Now in cd and dvd) when the kids were little was and still is Steve Greens "Hide em in your Heart" volume 1 and 2. It is children singing scripture. My children to this day know all of those songs by memory and I love when I hear them singing and applying them to daily life.
Another way to Shepherd their heart is to teach Godly character qualities. On the Duggar website (on my resource list) she has a character qualities list. I recommend printing it out and picking one each day to go over with your children. This is something you can do over and over for years to come till these qualities are planted in their hearts. What an awesome and exciting job we have.

No comments: