Saturday, May 23, 2009

Beauty that Lasts

I had the pleasure of speaking to a group of Senior girls this past week from our local highschool. I was really stumped at first as to what to say to them and just began to pray that the Lord would lay on my heart what they needed to hear. Almost right away the thought of "lasting beauty" came to my mind. What truly does make us as girls and women beautiful in Gods eyes. I thought of my precious mother- in -law as she was getting ready to meet the Lord. Even though she had no makeup, her hair was matted against her head and she was very thin, all I could think of was how beautiful and peaceful she looked. What made her so beautiful even though her outward beauty had faded? She exuded a gentle and quiet spirit. She was gracious, always putting others needs before herself. She was quick to forgive and not harbor bitterness. I can't ever remember a time when I heard her involved in idle gossip or speaking unkind about anyone. This truly is the inner beauty God desires for each of us. As women of God, wives and mothers God has called us to live this out in a way that will bring Him honor and glory. We must remember we cannot do this in our own strength. He and He alone is the author of such beauty and it must first be the desire of our hearts to posses it. "Charm is deceitful and beauty is vain but a women who fears the Lord she shall be praised" Proverbs 30:31 Lord, Help us to first desire and then rely on you to live out this kind of beauty that truly lasts!

1 comment:

Florida Girl said...

I love your blog Stacy and am so glad it is here to pop in and out of. I also love this post and it gives me much to think about and strive for.

PS-I had so much fun tonight with you and your precious family.