Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Shepherding your Childs Heart Part 2

So many times as moms we spend all day being reactive. Changing diapers, bathing, feeding, correcting, cleaning up, just to name a few. I truly feel that when the Lord asks us to "train up"a child it requires proactive action on our part. So many times I felt so overwhelmed by the urgent tasks at hand I couldn't imagine doing more. I will never forget the day when the Lord reminded me that when He created me as a mother He gave me everything I needed to complete the task. He would provide the time,wisdom and patience to accomplish that which He had called me to do. When we rely on His strength, not our own ,we can shepherd and train our child's heart in a way that honors Him. The creativeness and sweet opportunities He begins to provide are so special if we stay in tune to hear that still small voice. Guess what? the scary thing is that if we don't someone else will. We have to be the primary influence and closest thing to Gods heart to reach our children's heart. Will we fail? Yes, but the exciting thing is that "His mercies are NEW every morning". I claim that verse many nights when I feel I have failed as a mom and or wife that day. WOW! How sufficient Gods grace is! I always knew that no matter what ,if I did nothing else that day except take time to read Gods word to the children, God would fill in the blanks. Thank you Lord that when I am weak you are Strong!

1 comment:

Florida Girl said...

Stacy,
I read the issues you are having and I went to examine your blog. I don't have a for certain answer but do me a favor and go back to your April 21, 2009 post about speaking at MOPS and give it a title. This seems to be the post that my blog keeps reaching back to and is stuck on and it happens to be the only one with no title. Naming it may make no difference but it may just be the issue. Try that and then we will evaluate the problem again.