Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Working at home Part 2

I just want to say that before you are quick to respond to why you have chosen to work outside of the home that I realize that there are unusual and challenging circumstances that give some women no other choice than to work outside of the home, in other words they work outside of the home not in order to pursue selfish ambitions but out of necessity. Matter of fact many of them I have spoke with over the years would have much preferred to be full-time homemakers but for one reason or another they were not afforded that choice.

I challenge you as I was challenged years ago to ask yourself these questions? Are my reasons for considering this opportunity selfish or God honoring? Will this opportunity enhance and enrich the lives of my family? And will this endeavor hinder my role as the caretaker of my home. I hope this will help us to always keep in the forefront of our minds that our primary obligation is to our homes. Remember GOD created us for this purpose and has equipped us with the skills we need to be managers of our homes. GOD will supply the time, energy and ability we need to glorify Him in this area. This is a GOD ordained, honoring, assignment that He has given to us. Embrace it as a source of great fulfillment and JOY!

1 comment:

Joshua, Amy, Caleb, Abby, Anna & Luke said...

Mrs. Stacy! It is so good to find you in the 'blog world' :) I found you thru Katherine's blog! Thank you for your encouragement on motherhood. I look forward to learning a lot from you! Your family is so grown up! I know you are so thankful for them! I hope you received our prayer card that I mailed to your mom? I enjoyed chatting with you at the shower! Please keep in touch!