Friday, April 24, 2009

Peace in the Home part 2

"Let the wife see that she respects her husband" Eph 5:33. The definition of the Greek word for "respect " is to be in awe of,to revere,or to treat as someone special." Is this how we act towards our husbands? Do we respect them with our words,tone of voice, countenance, and body language? Ouch! I know I always haven't. One thing that really helped me was to begin to focus on His positive character traits worthy of respect. When we esteem our husbands, amazing results will follow which in turn gives our children a visual picture of how to revere and respect our Heavenly Father. Even if you don't feel He has done anything worthy of your respect just remember respect is a decision we make to obey Gods word. Again ,peace in our home begins within the marriage relationship. We must rely on the Holy Spirits help not our own strength.

"I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength" Phil 4:13

No comments: