Wednesday, April 22, 2009

The Power of Prayer

As wives and mothers we have the awesome privilege of praying for our family. "The prayer of a righteous man is POWERFUL and EFFECTIVE" James 5:16
Are we making the time to pray for each child and there specific needs. No one knows our family members the way we do ,so who better to pray for them than us? As my children were born there were 3 things I consistently prayed for each of them. 1. That they would have a place in Gods kingdom.(Come to know Him at an early age). 2.That they would be a credit to His kingdom. (Exemplify Godly character) and 3. Promote His kingdom. ( Be mightily used for drawing men unto Him ). It is so exciting to watch these prayers come into fruition. I truly believe with all my heart that our prayers play a major role in the molding of their lives! Charles Spurgeon once said: "No man can do me a truer kindness in this world than to pray for me" Lord, Help us to be consistent and faithful to pray for our husbands and children daily.

4 comments:

daynagonzalez said...

I'm looking forward to reading more from you! :o) Thank you for sharing your words of experience and wisdom with us.

Patti said...

Found you at Pams. So glad you are doing this Stacy!

Whitney said...

Mrs. Stacy,
You're now currently one of those blogs that I stalk on a daily basis ;)

Love ya!

-Whitney-

susansailor said...

This site will be a blessing to me, as your beautiful family is all the time!