Thursday, June 11, 2009

A Peace only He can Give

As I was lying in bed last night the thought came to me that our "just married" daughter will not be coming back home. She will not be here for me to tuck into bed ,pray with and kiss goodnight, as I have since the day she was born. I was overwhelmed with emotion. She is a women now and wife to her husband. Have I done everything to prepare her for what she is about to embark on? As quickly as those thoughts and emotions hit me the Lord comforted me with His ever present "peace." "She is in my hands and I will never leave or forsake her, trust me." came that still small voice. I had to let go of that last piece of string I didn't want to let go of. As mothers this is the most difficult thing we ever do. Even though we may feel like our heart is breaking and a piece of it is gone we must remember that the one who created us will replace that piece with HIS PEACE. A peace that passes all understanding. A peace that trusts and a peace that only HE can give!
"Peace I leave with you, not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled , neither let it be afraid." John 14:27

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mrs. Stacy, this made me tear up at work! I may not be a mom yet, but I do understand the emotions of a "just married" daughter. Your words about God-given peace calming all fears and anxieties rang so true with me. Thank you for continuing to be such a wonderful example.

Florida Girl said...

The best thing about this whole sweet story is that you have gained another son and the Crowders have gained another daughter. I love it when it works that way.