Tuesday, June 2, 2009

"Letting Go" the reward of Parenting

As I come to another "letting go" time in my life I wanted to share with you my heart.

This Saturday we will be" letting go" of our second daughter. As a parent this is what we strive and work towards. Children are only loaned to us temporally from the Lord . They are great treasures placed in our hands to mold and train to love and serve Him. Like the mother eagle pushes her eaglets out of the nest so must we when the time is right let go of our children also. We pray that we have done all we can to prepare them for living out from under our wings of protection. We pray for wisdom and discernment on their part as they head out into this world. Our reward as parents is to release a child like an arrow for the Lord that will penetrate and make a difference in a lost and dieing world for Christ. It is a difficult, yet rewarding feeling, sad yet happy, empty yet fulfilling, time in our lives as parents. Our prayer is that they will successfully fly and soar in years to come in a way that will bring Christ glory and honor. Thank you Lord for the temporary privilege to parent this precious life. As we release her back to you, we pray for her divine protection, health, and your perfect will for her life.

We love you our precious daughter, Mom and Dad

3 comments:

Florida Girl said...

I love the reference to the arrows and have thought through that comparison many times through the years. Anna is a precious young woman and I am watching with a smile on my face (and a camera in hand) as she and Ethan join together to serve the Lord. I am excited for the future that they will build together with Him.

quiv⋅er
–noun 1. a case for holding or carrying arrows.
2. the arrows in such a case.

Psalm 127:3-5
3 Sons are a heritage from the LORD, children a reward from him.

4 Like arrows in the hands of a warrior are sons born in one's youth.

5 Blessed is the man whose quiver is full of them. They will not be put to shame when they contend with their enemies in the gate.

Whitney said...

This is so sweet. You're a good Mama, Mrs Stacy!

I can't wait to see Anna, as she is representing the Lord, her family, Ethan, and her friends..say that "I do." I love you guys!

Florida Girl said...

Could it have been any more beautiful? No. It was amazing. Thank you for my part.

Love you all,
Pam