Sunday, June 14, 2009

Admitting when we are Wrong

Today as we were sharing in Sunday School about children and the blessings and challenges that come with them, I was reminded of the importance to admit when we are wrong. This is often hard for us in general much less to our children. It is so important that they see and understand that we are not perfect and also have to ask forgiveness when needed. This may come from disciplining a child in anger or overruling dads decisions. It is ok to say " Children, mommy made a bad choice I shouldn't have gone against daddy's wishes, will you forgive me?" or "I am so sorry for raising my voice at you God is helping me in that area will you pray for me too?"
It is ok for them to see that we are not perfect parents and depend on the Lord for strength and guidance. Our children need to see us praying and reading Gods word so they will in turn seek Him also. Thank you Lord for sending your Son so that we can come to you for forgivness when we fall. What a sacrfice,what a Savior!

2 comments:

David and Katie Kizziah said...

Mrs. Stacy! Thank you for the invitation to your blog! Great to hear from you. Thank you for taking time to post on ours. Yes, I can't believe how our families are growing and expanding - such a blessing! Congrats to Anna and her recent wedding! What a beautiful bride.
How we love your family and continue to be blessed by you. I am continually thankful for sweet Amber and what a faithful friend she has been to me through the years.
I look forward to keeping up with your family through the blogging world and look forward to being encouraged by your blog for Moms ~ thank you for taking time to do this. What a great ministry. I have already been challenged and encouraged by what I've read.
I will greet my parents for you. They will be glad to hear!
Love,
Katie

Kelly said...

Mrs. Stacy I'm so glad you found my blog! I miss you guys too! I will text message Dave my moms number to give to you! I love looking at all of your blogs! I am so blessed to hear all the stories about James and the happiness the Lord has brought to you from him-he hit the jackpot when God brought him to your family! He is one blessed little boy! I know he will become grow to become a man after God's heart!