Sunday, June 21, 2009

My Father

As I think of "Fathers day", I am drawn to thoughts of my earthy father first. I cant imagine having a more wonderful father. My father was and continues to be such a beautiful picture of my heavenly Father. He is loving, giving, forgiving,compassionate and caring. He loves the Lord with all his heart,soul and mind. He has a heart for the lost and faithfully shares his faith. He is a prayer warrior and joyful giver to the church and others who have given their lives to further Gods kingdom. He is in the word and on his knees daily. He is patient and seeks Gods wisdom before making decisions. He is slow to speak and not easily angered. Yes, he has always been to me a beautiful picture of my heavenly Father. I have often asked the Lord "Why was I so blessed to be given this father?" I quickly hear the Lord responding " Where much is given much is expected, go and do likewise" . What a blessing but also a great responsibility to pass on this heritage to my children so they can in turn pass it on to their children. Fulling the great commission to be a bright light of hope in a lost world for Christ!
I pray for husbands and fathers all over the world that they too can realize this calling on their lives and become a picture of Christ to their children. I realize that many children and families do not have a Godly father in their lives. The beauty is , we have a heavenly Father that is the PERFECT Father and will fill in all the holes that are missing from our earthy fathers. Thank you Jesus that when earthly fathers fail you are there to pick up all the pieces and make something hurt, unloved, misguided,belittled, abused and or fatherless, into a new creature. Old things pass away and behold all things made NEW!
Thank you dad for showing me the way to Christ and living His life out in front of me day after day. I will always be eternally grateful and faithful to pass it on!

No comments: