Monday, June 8, 2009

Patience "Not me Lord"

I cannot tell you how many times I have been told. "You are so patient, I could never be that patient with my children. "I guess I am just not made like you" It is not me. It is only through His strength and grace that this can be accomplished. Patience does not just exude
calmness and peace. Patience is an act of the will, a fruit of the spirit. It is revealed in how we react in everyday life and the challenges that come with it. You have heard the old saying "Don't
pray for patience or God will really give it to you" Well guess what? Like anything else it is a choice. It is a character quality that God is continually trying to develop in our lives. Have you ever been in a store and hear a mother screaming at her child for knocking something over or acting out. Her response is lack of self control. You can handle the situation with patience, a purposed controlled attitude that comes from drawing upon the Lord and His strength. Are we sometimes going to loose it? Yes , we are a sinful people who serve a forgiving Savior. But I do promise you that if it is your desire to posses this fruit the Lord will help you and it will get easier. As Christan mothers it is important that we exemplify this controlled behavior not only as an example for our children but to other moms struggling with the same issues day in and day out. Yes. you too can posses a gentle,patient and quiet spirit if it truly is the desire of your heart.

1 comment:

Florida Girl said...

Such a wonderful topic to write about. Thank you once again.