Thursday, November 5, 2009

"Trusting" when the Future is Uncertain

Trusting, what does it really mean? It is very easy to say but how do we live it out? Over the last few weeks I have been challenged in this area. I went for a regular doctor visit and was diagnosed with thyroid disease. I was sent for a ultra sound in which the doctors saw something they did not like. Over the next few weeks I had another ultra- sound and then a Cat scan and finally a biopsy on a cyst located behind my thyroid. It was difficult at times to not get anxious or caught up in the worry and "what ifs".
I was often reminded in my daily time with the Lord that He was in total control and I need not worry. It was amazing the peace I experienced over those weeks of uncertainty. Trusting our Lord and Savior is not just a feeling, it is the act of not allowing our emotions to swirl out of control. It is realizing His sovereignty and omni-presence in every situation we face. It is an unexplainable joy followed by a strength the world cannot understand. It is knowing that nothing happens to us that is not filtered through Gods hands first. The more heavenly minded
we are the less important these earthy trials seem. As Christians we know the end of the story , we know where our eternal destiny lies and the victory we posses as believers. We are over- comers in Christ Jesus and the things of this world cannot defeat us. Even in these uncertain and turbulent times in our country ,it is important that we live victoriously! We are children of a RISEN LORD who has overcome this old world! 'The JOY of the Lord is our Strength"Neh 8:10. Well, there is a good ending to the story. My cyst was not malignant ,praise God, but more importantly trusting God and giving Him the honor and Glory no matter what the outcome is the real lesson here and as I said before, we know how the story ENDS!! Don't keep it to yourself, go and tell the GOOD NEWS!

2 comments:

Chad & Amber said...

Mom,

So thankful for the Lord's mercy over all of this! Your quiet strenth is always so challenging to me. I learn more from you each day.

Praise You, Lord for good results!

Amber

David and Katie Kizziah said...

Praise the Lord that all is well with you physically, Mrs. Stacy! Although the test results were good, what a testimony of the grace and peace of God during the waiting period. Thank you for writing about the topic of "Trust" . . . such an encouragement to my heart. I am grateful for your example of godliness and faithfulness to our Lord in all of life; also thankful for your ministry and your precious family. We love you all!
Katie