Tuesday, October 6, 2009

NEW POST "Seasons of Life"

As the season begins to change from summer to fall I cant help but think of the seasons of life we go through. I am now in a season of transition as my children are all mostly grown and out of the house, well almost. It is difficult yet rewarding watching them make their own ways in the world. I have a hard time allowing them to soar without strings attached. I guess it is more because I want to feel needed and I realize that I'm not needed like I used to be. Each season brings change and change is healthy and good. It is important that we do not resist it since it is part of Gods plan for our lives. God cannot use us if we are unwilling to change. I have recently started a very part time job in retail. Scary, I know especially since I have not worked a cash register since 1979. By being willing to learn something new I am allowing myself to grow but more importantly making myself available to be a lighthouse for the Lord. Change opens up new areas of ministry to reach the lost and this is where my heart is.
Have I learned how to work the register, well almost , each day I am getting better. I truly believe God calls us to be open to these different seasons of our lives in order for Him to use us in a new and fresh way. Remember our primary purpose for being left on this earth is to further His kingdom on earth. How can we do so if we stay in our comfort zones and refuse to step out in faith and see what He has planned for us. Is it scary? you bet, but the Lord promises to never leave or forsake us and He will not lead you where He has not gone before. We are living in an insecure world which makes us even more prone to want to stay within our realm of security. If we do so we will miss out on all the blessings He has in store.
When the Lord opens a door and we don't attempt to go through it, He cannot close it. SO what are you waiting for? Our life is but a vapor so embrace with excitement change and hold on for the journey ahead!

2 comments:

Anna said...

So encouraging mom! You are such a blessing and I will always need my mommy :) I love you!

SGB said...

Thank you Anna. You are such a joy and blessing and I am so glad God chose me to be your mom!