Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Jesus Loves the Little Children

Children truly are a "gift from the Lord" a prized possession. As parents we are called to "build up our sons and daughters" We are to lay a foundation of faith, nurturing and undergirding them with prayer and then polishing them with the teachings of Gods word. Children are sensitive and pliable-open to the gospel. They are fresh and energetic with years of service to offer Gods kingdom. Children are the most valued fruit of the kingdom, when we devalue them we cross swords with the Almighty. It is hard to fathom why everyone doesn't long to have such
prized possessions in their care? I believe we have replaced the blessing of children with the temporary things of this world.
It breaks my heart that in this day and time children are often seen as a burden instead of a blessing. They are placed in facilities to be raised by strangers in place of a mother and father. They are so many times treated like animals instead of the precious lives they are. I truly believe that there will be great judgement on our land as to how we have devalued children before and after their birth. My husband has always said that I would have had a dozen more if I could. This is because I see each child as a unique individual, created by God , a gift and reward from the Lord. I have always felt privileged that He would entrust me with such a precious gift. As I think of my children I am reminded of all the many children without loving parents and a family to call their own. I was thinking today how overjoyed our Lord would be to look out into our church congregation's and see children of all different colors and ethnic backgrounds. A church body sprinkled with salt and pepper, black and white, red and yellow. Oh how this would season our lives and glorify our Lord. He has called us, the body of Christ, to care for the many orphans in our land today. I believe it would unite us as believers ,despite our differences of race and religion, if we would all join in this gallant effort to adopt and love the fatherless. Thank you Lord for adopting us into your family. My heart is so full just thinking about it and the difference we could make in so many lives if we would be open to this great need. May we all be in an attitude of prayer as we seek His will for our lives in this area. Will you receive Gods gift of children and commit to raise them in the love and admonition of the Lord? If so, you will be blessed beyond measure and your rewards eternal. Thank you Lord for our adopted grandson James and the wonderful seasoning he has added to our lives.

1 comment:

Chad & Amber said...

Mom,

Thank you for your encouragement towards adoption. It would break the hearts of many if they knew what was really happening in the homes all around our area. Through our adoption process with James our burden for adoption has only deepened. I would encourage all who read this blog to search their hearts and Gods word and pray about how God could use them in the life of a child. For more information visit www.chsfl.org

"Red and yellow black and white, they are precious in His sight, Jesus loves the little children of the world"